🔕 🔔

Need Gas Range Recommendation

Which gas range should we buy for 3.5k or less? Anyone have a favorite brand?
Thinking about this Bertazzoni with a convection oven.
http://www.ajmadison.com...
Does anyone have one and is the hot air blown into your kitchen a big issue for you?

asked by Thistle almost 5 years ago

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

I have a Wolf which has dual convection/electric oven and gas cooktop. My kitchen is air conditioned, but sometimes the floor gets warm when it's very hot outside and am using convection. It's wonderful to have, so don't worry about the hot air. I've cooked on a friend's Bertazzoni and liked it a lot.

Cd7ee448 49b9 4d61 a17c 8d8056cb1bce  september2013

Sounds like the hot air is merely a function of convection ovens then~ that is comforting. Thanks so much!

Yes, hot air is a function of all convection ovens. Enjoy.

Fca4e46d 262a 416c 8ce5 316470249de2  565101 1406091363 1702312332 n

We have a five star that we love with one electric oven and one gas both with convection. In the winter when we are done with the oven we crack the door and turn the fan on to blow the air into the kitchen on purpose....but even using it in the summer I did not find it too hot.

I have had a Viking duel fuel for about 12 years and like it a lot.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I could not afford the high end ones so bought a Maytag. It is brushed chrome rather than stainless steel. It has worked like a charm for about ten years now. I bought good wine with the money I saved. And, the convection is a plus.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I sometimes make big batches of jam in my friend's kitchen, where she has a five-burner Fisher and Paykel stove that's perfect for canning. I can't tell you how much I envy it, although having BTUs that rival those of a jet fighter plane does rather heat up the kitchen...

I wavered between the Bertazzoni and an Electrolux 30 "last year since both were well less than 3,000. I had a Viking when I had more money and a much larger kitchen but thought it was not worth it - not well finished at all (late 80's) and not self cleaning. Loved the look of the Bertazzoni but no self cleaning oven was a deal killer for me. The all gas Electrolux has five burners, plenty of power and a great simmer burner. The range surface is easy to keep clean. The oven temp is always dead on, it's self cleaning and there is even a low, shallow oven on the bottom which is a perfect cooking, warming drawer or storage. All these gas stoves do generate a lot of heat from burners and ovens venting into the room but a good overhead ventilation system mitigates that when on so money saved from cheaper range went into ventilation. Hopefully I will be as pleased with it in 5 more years as I am now.