🔕 🔔

My Basket ()

All questions

I moved into a home that has a DCS gas range. I noticed you have a Viking. Most of the time the gas is too hot so I have to cook on very low or simmer. I thought it might also have to do with my pots and pans. Can you recommend a brand of pots and pans that are good for industrial style ranges (or what you use?) Thanks

asked by klavorne almost 6 years ago
3 answers 843 views
397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135
Amanda Hesser

Amanda is a co-founder of Food52.

added almost 6 years ago

Sure -- heavy gauge pans are best. I've been happy with my All-Clad and Le Creuset. My favorite saute pan is a stainless lined copper pan from Williams-Sonoma (a wedding gift). However, I have a few "college" pans that have thin sides and everything burns in them.

23b88974 7a89 4ef5 a567 d442bb75da04  avatar
added almost 6 years ago

thanks for your help....been trying to find the right pans for awhile will give your suggestions a try

C8ffa92e 3766 46b4 8290 dbef5c382a03  james joyce 1

pierino is a trusted source on General Cooking and Tough Love.

added almost 6 years ago

Yes indeed, heavier is better. And also consider that in all probability one of your hubs is designed to burn hotter than others. You can also use an inexpensive "flame tamer" to evenly disperse heat on the burners.