🔕 🔔

Brownie conversion

I need to turn the boxed brownies (Gheradelli triple choc mix) into cakier ones. What can I add to get cakey?

asked by piano13 about 5 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Fine Cooking says to add a little milk and cut down on the butter for a cakey brownie. good luck!

http://www.finecooking...

And add perhaps a half teaspoon of baking soda so there is more if a rise to them. Baking soda will react with the acid in the chocolate to produce carbon dioxide, a gas, which will expand in the heat of the oven.

Thank you both. I finally read the trick about the baking soda for homemade brownies, so I did think about adding the baking soda. I also thought about AP flour (not cake) to help too. I won't try both on this, the soda makes more chemical sense.

I saw the FIne Cooking article, well, sort of. My Ipad would not open the second page of that article using Safari. Weird. So thanks also for letting me know what that article said.

And, thanks F52. What a great service!