Lots of leftover heavy cream- recipe ideas?

I have at least two or three pints of heavy cream leftover from making caramel sauce. I need recipe ideas to use the rest! Dessert preferably, and I live chocolate! I also may endup just making more caramel sauce. If so, any creative ideas for add ins or infusions?

asked by m1800 almost 6 years ago

Some ideas:

ice cream
ganache
sticky toffee pudding
panna cotta
butter (yes, it's easy)
cream of ____ soup
eton mess

ChefOno

Cream + dessert + chocolate = chocolate pots de crème (topped with whipped cream of course).

ATL
ATL

Similar to ChefOno, chocolate cream pie with whipped cream on top.

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Posset posset posset! So delicious and extremely easy. You can infuse all manner of aromatics & such into the cream, but here's a basic recipe:
http://www.epicurious.com...

Works great with passionfruits, teas, lemongrass, etc. but you need the acid from the citrus to set the cream.

Sadassa_Ulna

Ice cream! The nice thing about ice cream is that it lasts up to a week - or more if stored properly. Maybe take a look at this week's contest submissions. Also I have made several ice creams from Joy of Cooking over the years and they were all really good. I usually made them without an ice cream maker; I'd freeze the custard in a large shallow pan, then blend frozen chunks in a food processor and refreeze.

EmilyNunn

http://orangette.blogspot...

ATG117

with fruit, a fool, in a trifle