Quinoa Safety

I soaked Quinoa over night for a recipe on your site and then didn't have time to make it. It's been in the fridge for 38 hours in the water. Is it still good to cook?

asked by LauriL over 6 years ago

darksideofthespoon

Sometimes I don't cook my quinoa, I just soak it until it's soft. I'd save it for 2 days maximum, but after about a day it's nice and tender.

LauriL

Thanks for your input! I was so afraid that I'd have to toss it (way too expensive to consider!!) Do you know why this is so?

PhillipBrandon

I don't think you'll have any problem with food safety, but I also don't think it will have been great for the texture of the end product.