🔕 🔔

Quinoa Safety

I soaked Quinoa over night for a recipe on your site and then didn't have time to make it. It's been in the fridge for 38 hours in the water. Is it still good to cook?

asked by LauriL almost 5 years ago

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

Sometimes I don't cook my quinoa, I just soak it until it's soft. I'd save it for 2 days maximum, but after about a day it's nice and tender.

0400e91b 175b 4b9f 9e42 50779f30d12e  open uri20130530 14939 qaknqp

Thanks for your input! I was so afraid that I'd have to toss it (way too expensive to consider!!) Do you know why this is so?

Ee6e1f61 c2e2 48b1 b500 bb90cc2c5b83  itsme

I don't think you'll have any problem with food safety, but I also don't think it will have been great for the texture of the end product.