🔕 🔔

Can you make biscotti with wheat flour?

I'm looking for a healthier alternative to white flour (i.e. wheat, almond, etc...). Thanks in advance for the feedback.

asked by LAD2555 about 5 years ago

5b7755f4 f84e 4738 be55 06b56e9c2553  dsc 0008 002
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I've not done this but would definitely try whole wheat pastry flour. It's got a more similar texture to AP flour than does regular whole wheat and isn't overly flavored in any way as are flours like ceci, chestnut and so forth. I use 100% ww pastry flour in my muffins all the time. good luck!

0236a64a 6089 48f7 8ce6 5b790ad33fd9  0605111238

I've made them with a mix of flours and cornmeal--it keeps them a little easier to eat, more crumbly than totally hard! http://www.food52.com/recipes...