🔕 🔔

Subbing different flour types in no bake recipes?

I am making some no bake blondie bars that call for oat flour. I was wondering if in a no bake recipe if you can sub any other kind of flour, i.e. coconut, almond, tapioca, etc. etc.
Would less or more flour be needed depending on type? Like I said, this is no bake so I don't think it matters as much but I was just wondering if the flour type would greatly affect consistency. Also, would it be possible to use regular white flour for a recipe like this? Thanks.

asked by Kelly Catrelli 3 months ago

There are big differences in moisture absorbency and, I think, in fiber among the flours you mention. see:
http://www.healthnutnation...
So substituting one for the other may require (finicky) adjustments and not hold together.
On the other hand, if you want to use something other than oat flour for a no-bake confection, there are plenty of recipes out there designed for specific flours - coconut, almond, etc.
I would recommend either making the blondies as written, or searching for a new recipe.