🔕 🔔

Zucchini garlic pasta

All I have is zucchini, garlic And cherry tomatoes and pasta or farro or quinoa. Creative ideas welcome. I will need dinner soon!

asked by Food odyssea over 5 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Make threads of the zuchhini with a vegetable peeler. Heat up a good deal of olive oil with cherry tomatoes until they start to break down a bit..turn down the heat add garlic. Toss the zucchini threads in that with some herbs. Top with cheese if you wish.

Serve your grain as a side dish.

B00ec2bf 040d 4907 bdf8 9bc77a9e767c  blackbottoms 2

Delicious! Thanks

If you like threads of vegetables. A spiral vegetable slicer is a good gadget for raw or lightly cooked threads of vegetables, or for making potato threads to fry.
http://www.amazon.com/World...

30d29d6e ad6b 43d4 877f 543611313cd6  img 7763

I actually had the same ingredients on hand last night, but I also had some pickled hot cherry peppers, parsley and chicken stock on hand. If I were you, I would cut the zucchini into a medium dice, then brown them in some olive oil until golden, set them aside, add some minced garlic to the pan with addtl. olive oil, then add in the tomatoes which you would probably want to blanch and remove the skins. Cook the tomatoes to reduce some of the liquid and to concentrate the flavor. Then proceed to make the farro in a risotto manner, by slowly adding water or stock to it as it cooks. Towards the end when the farro is cooked but still al dente, I would add in the pan seared zucchini and tomatoes, maybe add a few knobs of butter to make it more velvety, then drizzle with some Extra Virgin olive oil. You could go further and add in some lemon zest or parsley, basil, but you should be able to make a decent dish with those ingredients. I love to make farro in this manner, then let it chill. It continues to absorb the flavors.

This sounds good too, but I've eaten everything. Will try this next week. Thanks!