Tips for cooking zucchini "pasta"?

I just purchased a machine for making vegetable "pasta" strands. My first attempt was a mild success - zucchini "pasta" strands with pesto, sautéed leeks, feta, and cherry tomatoes. I sautéed the zucchini for a few minutes, but found it got a little limp....and green. I think next time I'll do a sweeter, more colorful sauce. Does anyone have a favorite recipe or technique?

asked by lloreen almost 3 years ago

I'll bet it was green. Yummy though. I find my zoodles stay too all dente. I like any and all sauces. Marinara seems to really compliment it. The last time I had them, I added feta, Greek olives, fresh basil and roasted garlic. I added the feta and basil after it was plated. I served it with roasted shrimp. Some grilled bread would have rounded the meal out beautifully, but I was avoiding flours and grains.

CarlaCooks

The last place I worked served a raw zucchini-spaghetti salad. We would spiralize the zucchini on the smaller setting, then add a loose (and well-seasoned) pesto dressing and quartered cherry tomatoes. Topped with roasted and salted cashews, it was a best seller. The only issue with it is it released a lot of liquid if left to sit for long before eating, so dress it just before serving

I prefer zucchini noodles pan-fried until cooked.

Diana

My family really likes this (we usually serve it as a side): raw zoodles with cherry tomatoes and a lemon vinaigrette topped with fresh basil. Extremely basic, but simple and tasty.

Diana

Emily Love

I, as others have said, leave my zoodles raw and just top with sauce! My favorite is pesto but I also like substituting them in Asian noodle salads :)