Need advice on basic garlic & oil for truffle pasta

Hi, I have some fantastic truffle pasta just brought back from Italy... I want to dress it with a very basic oil + garlic sauce ("sauce"? maybe "glaze"? :-)... anyhow, while it's important that I don't steal too much flavor from the pasta (which is why I'm not going with a tomato sauce), I'd love advice on what else I should add to the oil, besides garlic.

asked by John McCann about 7 years ago

wssmom

Wow truffle pasta, lucky you!!! I wouldn't even mess with the basil, just go with some butter, some cooking liquid from the pasta, and parmesan cheese.

JessicaBakes

If you have high quality olive oil, now is the time to use it. A small pinch of red pepper flakes will also help enhance the flavor and, last but not least, a poached egg on top of your pasta could just bring it to that next level. Have fun with it!

I will politely disagree with the pepper flake suggestion. You don't want anything that is going to mask the truffle flavor. But I would definitely substitute butter for olive oil in a dish like this. Possibly work in some taleggio cheese.