🔕 🔔

milk vs. almond milk

I am lactose intolerant. Can I use almond mild to replace milk in any recipe to obtain the same results?

asked by jwaterm1 about 5 years ago

Looks like you can, just make sure it's a regular kind, not the vanilla one. I made this mistake a few times :-). Otherwise it work perfectly fine for us

Wholefoods user icon

In most things, yes. You can't use it to make cheese, though. (No ricotta or paneer from almond milk...)

It depending on the recipe but for most things it's ok. Did you have a specific recipe in mind? I've used soy or coconut milk in most of my baking or even pancakes or some savory dishes.

Is there a way to use almond milk to replace evaporated milk or condensed milk in recipes too? Oh, how I miss key lime pie!

2e76cf97 2d3d 429e a4b4 7be0bcf4c88d  headshot

@jwaterm1 - coconut milk is a great substitute for those things in pie, since it's so thick. the flavor is different, but I think it often works really well.