Can I substitute almond oil for butter, in a recipe for muffins?

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup softened butter but I'm all out. I'm using almond milk for these muffins, so I thought almond oil would work, but I also have walnut oil and sunflower oil that I could use.

asked by Rose M about 6 years ago

ATG117

The texture will definitely be moister, but for muffins, I think this is just fine. If you had a vegetable or canola oil, I might use that as not to waste these more expensive oils that likely won't shine in the muffin batter. But I think almond oil would work. Let us know how it goes.

jsdunbar

I use applesauce instead of oil in cakes for a moist, lower calorie, delicious product, so I would certainly try it for muffins.

Rose M

I love the applesauce idea! Since I didn't have any though, I went with the almond oil. The muffins turned out just fine and were actually a hit. Thank you both!