🔕 🔔

Freezing Cake Batter and Icing...

Can I just put it in a Tupperware and leave in freezer? And when how what to use it again, what do I do?

asked by hkellyis over 5 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

You can't freeze unbaked batter; the acid-base reaction which provides your rise will complete, and the final cake will be leaden. You are better off baking it and freezing the cake.

38652ee0 a97f 4a67 bef3 a55e9d30f084  img 1433

The previous answer is correct -- many cakes freeze extremely well. Just be sure to let the cake cool completely and wrap it tightly in several layers of plastic wrap then a layer of aluminum foil. When you're ready to make the cake, you should move it to the fridge to let it thaw completely. Then decorate as usual.

Darn ok. Thanks.