🔕 🔔

Help! I sliced instead of chopped my onions for chowder. Now I have stringy onions with each spoonful. Can I purée the broth to save the sou

I t is corn chowder... Corn is not in yet...

asked by lbs70 almost 5 years ago

I would... Have you got my other "lumpy" things in there yet?

I had diced potatoes... I did dice those:)

I make dairy-free creamy soups with an onion/potato blended base. So long as both are cooked through, that's what you'll get - a very velvety texture.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

go for it! save the soup! : )

Nice to see I'm not the only one around who does things like this, although I usually make that mistake in the other direction (dicing instead of slicing) . . . . .;o)

Ea2fede5 db69 4f9c b6a5 c70c27497ae9  dsc 0002 2

I often blend my soup/chowder bases - before the potatoes (and other lumpy things) – even though I have diced. It helps to hide the onions and other aromatics from critical-eyed small children. Perhaps blending the potatoes would be a good idea too though, my 4-year-old-Brussels-sprout-eater is currently laboring under the delusion that he doesn't like potatoes.