🔕 🔔

Bloody Marys for brunch what garnishes do you use?

asked about 5 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

Green olives, celery sticks, pickled asparagus, pickled green beans...

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

I love a rim of salt and old bay, a spear of shrimp as something different...especially good with horseradish vodka! As for your tomato juice base...see if your liquor store carries "Hoosier Mama" bloody Mary mix....we like ours with a dill pickle spear. Remember how fun to have blind wine tastings? Can you imagine a Bloody Mary Tasting? (suggest small glasses!)

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

A friend of mine who is famous for his Bloody Marys adds salami and cheese to the usual garnishes. He either has slices of salami and cheese speared on a toothpick with pickled pearl onions or he makes "spears" if each. It's really good. I bet smoked cheese would be good...now I want to make Bloody Marys!

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Hot pickled green beans!! Oh yes..and sometimes limes.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

If you can get it, try pickled okra! So good.

inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Oh yes! Pickled okra is great!

Oh, and a couple of years ago I went to the Food 52 Piglet party and they served bloody marys with a splash of pickle juice. Really good, and hard to pin down the taste. Have fun!

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I love a skewer of assorted pickles--okra, beets, onions, etc. I know one place that uses a slice of crispy bacon as a garnish--don't stick it down inside the drink, though, or it'll get soggy. Also try using aquavit instead of vodka--it's lovely. You can add a dash of sriracha if you want spice.

Ooh, I forgot to mention that blending up some olives and adding those to bloody marys makes an excellent drink.