Bloody Marys for brunch what garnishes do you use?

asked about 6 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Green olives, celery sticks, pickled asparagus, pickled green beans...

lorigoldsby

I love a rim of salt and old bay, a spear of shrimp as something different...especially good with horseradish vodka! As for your tomato juice base...see if your liquor store carries "Hoosier Mama" bloody Mary mix....we like ours with a dill pickle spear. Remember how fun to have blind wine tastings? Can you imagine a Bloody Mary Tasting? (suggest small glasses!)

MTMitchell

A friend of mine who is famous for his Bloody Marys adds salami and cheese to the usual garnishes. He either has slices of salami and cheese speared on a toothpick with pickled pearl onions or he makes "spears" if each. It's really good. I bet smoked cheese would be good...now I want to make Bloody Marys!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Hot pickled green beans!! Oh yes..and sometimes limes.

If you can get it, try pickled okra! So good.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Oh yes! Pickled okra is great!

Oh, and a couple of years ago I went to the Food 52 Piglet party and they served bloody marys with a splash of pickle juice. Really good, and hard to pin down the taste. Have fun!

petitbleu

I love a skewer of assorted pickles--okra, beets, onions, etc. I know one place that uses a slice of crispy bacon as a garnish--don't stick it down inside the drink, though, or it'll get soggy. Also try using aquavit instead of vodka--it's lovely. You can add a dash of sriracha if you want spice.

petitbleu

Ooh, I forgot to mention that blending up some olives and adding those to bloody marys makes an excellent drink.