🔕 🔔

Trying to develop a Bloody Mary sorbet recipe, but I want it to be a little boozier than the typical alcoholic recipes.

Using fresh juice from local heirlooms, along with typical BMary ingredients, possibly a little simple syrup, though the heirlooms are already very sweet.

Was wondering if anyone had ever tried thickening with Ultratex in a sorbet? Was thinking that might help with the freezing/consistency issues of alcohol? Need for a brunch tomorrow!

asked by Eaton about 4 years ago

I would suggest gelatin. Google milkbar icecream or sorbet. The Milkbar cookbook uses gelatin for an awesome consistency!