🔕 🔔

Poaching seafood in olive oil.

Amanda is (again!) touting the techniques of poaching in olive oil, this time with tuna. I'm a huge fan of slow-cooked seafood when there are guests and timing can't be planned. But I usually use the oven and a slow roast For you poaching-in-oil fans--do you feel like you're (a) spending a heck of a lot on the oil or (b) tossing an awfully lot of oil away?

asked about 5 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I poach shrimp in olive oil, butter, lemon, Worcestershire, and other seasoning. The oil is great for dipping French bread. It doesn't get thrown away...it gets eaten!