🔕 🔔

Question about Nancy Jo's Eggplant Parmesan recipe

I've done this recipe before (delicious) and am planning it as part of a dinner tomorrow night. But I'm wondering: has anyone ever assembled it the day before, then just baked it off before serving? With typical eggplant parm I wouldn't, as it might get soggy - but maybe not so much with this breading-less version? Alternate could be making the components ahead (sauce, roast eggplant slices,) then assembling it just before baking, I guess.

Thoughts? Will either - or neither - of those yield a good result? Going to be busy before the dinner party, and would love to minimize last minute prep.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I have made this and had leftovers the next day and they were great - so I would think that assembling ahead and just baking before the party would be OK - it seems like that would hold up even better than baking ahead (as in leftovers)

So glad to see this answer -- I was just going to ask the same thing. This recipe is sublime!