🔕 🔔

Will Eggplant Parm hold up if I assemble and bake today and heat and serve tomorrow? I don't want it to get soggy? Thoughts?

asked by @pamcakes101 over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I think what I would do is prepare the eggplant, drain it well, grate the cheeses and prepare the sauce, and refrigerate them separately. Then tomorrow I would bring everything to room temperature, layer the eggplant, sauce and cheeses, and bake it just before serving. Leftover eggplant parmesan is OK as leftovers but it's not as good as fresh-baked (imho).

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I think it'll get soggy.

Prepare all the components in advance and assemble and bake tomorrow. If you're breading the eggplant, I would also do that tomorrow, since eggplants hold a lot of water and will probably make the crust soggy overnight. Be sure to give the eggplant plenty of time and salt to sweat out so it doesn't end up spongy.