🔕 🔔

I have a lot of eggplant and plan to make Babaganouch. Can I freeze some? If so, how should I package it for the freezer.

asked by Elaine Ruth over 4 years ago
766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

For Baba Ganoush, I roast the eggplant on a grill (charcoal just past its flaming and hottest point) first until it's blackened and shriveled (about 1 hour). Then I scoop out the insides and freeze those in freezer bags, 1 eggplant per bag. When I thaw it, I just drain out some of the extra liquid and blend up as usual for the Baba Ganoush. I've done it this way for years and it's always delicious, even 3-4 months later in the middle of winter.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Yes you can. When I was little, we did not have enough fresh vegetables in the winter, and in the summer/fall the families would grill peppers and eggplants, make the spreads and preserve them in the freezer for the use in the winter monts.