Freezing eggplant parmesan

I'm planning on making and freezing an eggplant Parmesan for a friend who just had a baby and needs frozen foods. Does it freeze well? Should I totally cook it then freeze it or just put it together after frying the eggplant then into the freezer without putting it in the oven? Thanks!

asked by CanadaDan over 2 years ago

It does freeze well. I used to make it for personal chef clients. Some of them wanted to bake it, so I left it raw. Others wanted to just zap it in the microwave, so I baked that off before freezing. You may want to increase the tomato part just a little because the eggplant will absorb it.

I agree that freezing unbaked works well.

FWIW - This is my go-to recipe for eggplant parmesan: https://food52.com/recipes...

Looks good chops. Saving it to make when it cools down a bit.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

No problem. Cook it first , it's better that way. And freeze it in portions so it's easier to heat up