How do I prepare fresh Lima Beans from the pods?

I am interested in just adding them to a salad. I dont need them really well cooked. Anyone know how to prepare them from the pod and add to salad?

asked by jessie schupack almost 6 years ago

Strip them from the pods. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, drop in the beans and cook them until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes (depending on their size). Drain -- run cold water over them. Add to your salad!

jessie schupack

Thanks SO much!!

What Amanda said. I like to dress mine with olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic....parsley and feta cheese. This makes a good cold salad too.