🔕 🔔

How would you prepare Brussels sprouts to serve with the FOOD52 Roasted Butterflied Chicken with Cardamom and Yogurt? ;o)

It's very similar to a classic tandoori chicken. Here's a link: http://food52.com/recipes... The other sides will be simple -- a multi-grain pilaf, roasted carrots and a pan sauce. (I'll add sliced onions, garlic and ginger to the roasting pan.) Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 5 years ago

What I think might complement the main (and it's just me) would be to halve and then very thinly slice the brussels sprouts. Pan fry in ghee and finish with a splash of tarragon vinegar. Maybe toast some black mustard seed really quickly as an additional seasoning. Or, just stop after the vinegar.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

This sounds good.

0236a64a 6089 48f7 8ce6 5b790ad33fd9  0605111238

I'd caramelize onions and brussels sprouts halves in butter or oil a cast iron pan, and use cumin, coriander, mustard seeds, dried chili flakes as flavorings. When that awesome browning occurs, I'd add in splashes of sugar, cider vinegar (or apple cider instead of sugar + vinegar), raisins, maybe chunks of tart apple and reduce that. Essentially, I'm thinking chutney sweet-sour-fragrant with brussels, cooked in my favorite way.

That sent before I edited--but I think AJ knows what I meant. Use some water with the vinegar, etc. to make a nice sauce (and one can't really splash sugar!)