🔕 🔔

Have a small tin of foie gras I received as a gift. Very intimidated by it and am looking for an easy way to use it for a cocktail party. Ide

asked by Seattle Mark over 5 years ago

This recipe seems perfect for a cocktail party, and you could always make your own modifications, like substituting regular prosciutto for the duck prosciutto, etc. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Cristina Sciarra

I agree with all the above answers. I spend my holidays in France with a French family, where foie gras is often served before the meal smeared on toast (brioche or pain de mie pairs best), accompanied by Champagne. I've also seen it served with a dollop of onion of fig jam, or slices of fig.

It's ready to eat. And it might be more spreadable than sliceable. Open the tin at both ends and push it out onto a plate. Then see what you want to do with it. Some cornichons or little pickled onions go nicely with it.. and crisp toasts.

ChefJune's suggestion is absolutely suitable. Toasts and cornichons are very traditional and delicious. Meanwhile they'll pry my foie gras from my cold dead hands.

This question brings back memories of a party I attended. Fritos were offered to scoop the foie gras.

darksideofthespoon

This is making me crave my favorite "lunch" from a French deli I used to live by, that is now closed. They would make this amazing Rillette that reminded me of fois gras and serve them spread on a whole baguette with cornichons with baby lettuce. DELICIOUS. I'm jealous!