🔕 🔔

Places to eat in Providence Rhode Island?

I will be in Providence Rhode Island for a whole week! I went on Chowhound.com and there are soo many recommendations. I want to hear from the FD52 foodies about good places to definitely check out. Please help!

asked by adamnsvetcooking about 5 years ago

B1ff7c6d 1bd4 41c2 a1a7 c1080efe383f  cathybarrow allrecipes e 2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Nicks on Broadway and Farmstead!

34b35e7d 9f0b 412e bbb2 00e0498f86d5  2016 10 06 19 40 38

Just moved back to NYC after 4.5 years in Providence, so I have some thoughts for sure :) As Cathy said above, Nicks and Farmstead/La Laiterie, are not to be missed. Nicks has the best brunch in town, so that would be my call if you're looking for a brunch spot. New Rivers also has incredible food, and added lunch service this summer (right after we left, unfortunately). If you're a fan of oysters, they have a great oyster happy hour deal (I forget which night, but they always talk it up on Twitter). For more casual fare, there is a great food truck scene, which started with Chez Pascal's Hewtin's Dogs Mobile truck (the inspiration for my f52 pork burger), but which now includes Mama Kim's Korean BBQ, Mijos Tacos (do not miss the lengua), Rocket Fine Street Foods, and so many others. (Full disclosure: most of the chef/owners of the above-mentioned restaurants and trucks became friends while we lived there, so I may be a little biased... but seriously, these guys are putting out incredible food.) Enjoy!

OK! I just sent about a novel's-worth of recommendations :)

ALSO - if you're going to be there for a week, I can give you more and more detailed recommendations. I'd be happy to shoot you an email :D

Great!! my email is [email protected]

If you are looking for food trucks in Providence, try this list: http://providencefoodtrucks...

Here are some tips from Roadfood.com, Michael & Jane Stern's web site and radio show (regular feature on Lynne Rossetto Kasper's NPR "Splendid Table" cooking show):
http://www.roadfood.com...

Any trip in New England is great... enjoy!