Looking for good soups to soothe a terrible throat ache. Recipe suggestions?

SKK October 7, 2012
sexyLAMBCHOPx October 7, 2012

The suggested soup above has hot peppers which would irrate your throught further. I would stay away from a soup thats spicy, acidic (like tomatoes, fruit-based), and creamy (mucous). Perhaps a simple broth based chicken, beef, vegetable or pork soup. If it has garlic it could help with inflammation. Feel better.

Voted the Best Reply!

Reiney
Reiney October 7, 2012

I'd go for a chicken / beef broth based wonton soup with tons of fresh ginger in it.

And start your morning with a ginger, honey and lemon tea (grate some fresh ginger, as much as you can take, add a few teaspoons of honey to taste and a squeeze of lemon, pour boiling water over.)

And have a look at this recent thread:
http://www.food52.com/hotline...

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I would just use a plain chicken broth! Best thing for it.

Sam1148 October 7, 2012

Well this has hot stuff...but it's one of favorites for quick and easy.

A tsp of thai red curry paste (thai kitchen, I think is a wildly available brand).
Take a tsp of that and cook some chopped up chicken breast (or use tofu)..I add a mushroom or two sliced up and some lime zest. Then add a can of coconut milk and simmer, add a can of chicken stock...simmer some more and finish up with some fish sauce for saltyness. (okay, I"m using cans..and premade paste--I'm sick okay).

Then add in some, well lots for me; lime juice. You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up...

Bevi
Bevi October 8, 2012

I would recommend a delicate chicken soup - I have one if you are interested: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Sam1148 October 8, 2012

How about a variation of Pho soup with the broth seasoned with garlic and ginger. Mint and basil and bean sprouts. AND LIME!! I love lime for a sore throat.

Or the two hat cure. You take a hat and hang on your bed..make some lemon tea with honey..and take a shot of bourbon. Then drink some tea..and repeat until you see two hats.

QueenSashy October 8, 2012

Is there any better than mom's chicken soup. Sometimes I make hot lemonade...