Looking for good soups to soothe a terrible throat ache. Recipe suggestions?

asked by @MoriahBee about 6 years ago

http://food52.com/recipes...

The suggested soup above has hot peppers which would irrate your throught further. I would stay away from a soup thats spicy, acidic (like tomatoes, fruit-based), and creamy (mucous). Perhaps a simple broth based chicken, beef, vegetable or pork soup. If it has garlic it could help with inflammation. Feel better.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I would just use a plain chicken broth! Best thing for it.

Well this has hot stuff...but it's one of favorites for quick and easy.

A tsp of thai red curry paste (thai kitchen, I think is a wildly available brand).
Take a tsp of that and cook some chopped up chicken breast (or use tofu)..I add a mushroom or two sliced up and some lime zest. Then add a can of coconut milk and simmer, add a can of chicken stock...simmer some more and finish up with some fish sauce for saltyness. (okay, I"m using cans..and premade paste--I'm sick okay).

Then add in some, well lots for me; lime juice. You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up...

Bevi

I would recommend a delicate chicken soup - I have one if you are interested: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

How about a variation of Pho soup with the broth seasoned with garlic and ginger. Mint and basil and bean sprouts. AND LIME!! I love lime for a sore throat.

Or the two hat cure. You take a hat and hang on your bed..make some lemon tea with honey..and take a shot of bourbon. Then drink some tea..and repeat until you see two hats.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Is there any better than mom's chicken soup. Sometimes I make hot lemonade...