🔕 🔔

Can anyone recommend good recipes for preschool snacks that are nut-free?

asked by laurakelso almost 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

Here are two really great threads about nut- and allergen-free kids' snacks:

http://www.food52.com/hotline...

http://www.food52.com/hotline...

Let us know what you take!

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

These are simple, but for preschoolers I think simple is great: yogurt and fruit (fruit can be on the side or mixed in; if you want to get fancy you can make parfaits); crackers and string cheese (Annie's Organic whole grain bunny crackers have both kid-appeal and nutritive value, which is always a plus); crudités with ranch dressing are also a hit with my three-year old.

Hope that helps; good luck!

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I always pushed for new little foods that involved veggies, as I felt that kids are getting way too much sugar. My daughter loved little hummus sandwiches, zucchini pancakes, I also used to make vegetable dips for crackers. White meat cubes...