What is a good entree involving bananas?

asked by ChaseHenderson over 8 years ago

tw76

I've made a nice pumpkin and banana curry from this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Pumpkin-Cookbook-Nicola-Hill/dp/060059064X

don't have it on me now, though - but you could improvise any curry dish to include bananas, I think...

I think bananas could be a nice addition to a curry, as suggested in this article: http://bit.ly/b8lzMk

betteirene

A Caribbean pork stew is nice--brown some cubed pork in oil, add some onion, salt, pepper, diced bananas, diced hot pepper (optional but very good) and diced tomatoes with juice; simmer until tender. Alternatively, omit the tomatoes, add diced sweet potatoes and enough chicken stock to cover. Add a little chopped cilantro to both versions, and serve over rice.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork on all sides. Mix in the onions, and cook and stir until tender. Mix the bananas and tomatoes with juice into the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is very tender. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Serve over noodles or rice.

laura_1124

A peanut butter-banana sandwich is a good standby. If you want it classier, try using a panini press.