🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pine Nut Brittle with Rosemary

8cdef0db cf6c 45b6 932f 52ac4f1ecf99  brittle 1

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Pine Nut Brittle with Rosemary" from Ms. T. It says:

"Stir in pine nuts, and then butter. Allow pine nuts to cook for about two minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in half of the rosemary and half of the sea salt." Can I make this with walnuts?

asked almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

You should be able to substitute any nuts but because pine nuts are so much smaller than walnuts, make sure you chop the walnuts before using them

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I'll get those joke' cans of peanut brittle with the spring snakes that jump out when you open it.
Then take out the snakes and store the brittle in those. When people become conditioned to expect peanut brittle after a week or so.. replace the snakes.