🔕 🔔

This is my first ham...how do I cook it to ensure that it is moist. I will be using Cook's ham - Butt. Thank you so much

asked by Punkin31 almost 7 years ago

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Hams from Cooks are already cooked, vis a vis USDA regs. To heat it for serving, put the cut (face) side down in a pan with a bit of water, though I sometimes use white wine. Cook's hams are too sweet for my taste, but you can add a brown sugar on the surface and heat in a 350 oven til at least 145 internal temp. There is so much water pumped into the ham it would be very hard to dry it out.

thank you Chris...I will try the white wine instead of water :-) Happy and safe Thanksgiving to you and your family.