Saving cream cheese with too much sugar

I decided to make pumpkin cheesecake bars today. However, as I was reading through the recipe, I thought it called for 2 cups of sugar when it actually called for 1/2 a cup. Of course, I didn't realize this until just after I had mixed it into the cream cheese. I hoped for a bit that it might still be salvegable as a cheesecake, but I've given up on that. However, I do think that possibly it could be a good icing that I could freeze and use later. Right now it's 1 lb of cream cheese and 2 c sugar. Can I use this as is or should I add something to it?

asked by WannabeBaker over 5 years ago

allans

Add 3 more parts cream cheese of a larger recipe and use it up as it's supposed to be

ChefOno

The ingredients for traditional cream cheese frosting:

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 lb. (4 cups) powdered sugar
1 Tbs. vanilla extract