Pumpkin and what cheese?

I'm thinking of making a pumpkin dumpling, but would like to combine it with a cheese. What cheese would you recommend that would go well?

asked by dieubert over 5 years ago

Love pumpkin with parmesan, but also a good ricotta would be nice.

Omeletta
Omeletta

Ruthy is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Fontina would be good- it melts well, especially when shredded, and wouldn't overwhelm the pumpkin flavor. Goat cheese has always gone fantastically with pumpkin as well, and the texture of the two together would go really well inside a dumpling. Or maybe ricotta? Stop me before i list too many! :)

Goat cheese is also good with pumpkin

I'd go with something tangy -- parmesan, pecorino, or goat. A mixture of mascarpone a little blue cheese could also be good, though obviously rich. Sure it will be delicious whatever you choose!

mensaque

If ther's a Brazilian store near you,ask for "Requeijão Cremoso" or mention the brand CATUPIRY.For lack of a better description,I could tell you it's like a firmer cream cheese...but not really! I promise you're gonna love it.

dieubert

Thank you for all of your responses. I'm drooling as I'm typing.