🔕 🔔

Pumpkin and what cheese?

I'm thinking of making a pumpkin dumpling, but would like to combine it with a cheese. What cheese would you recommend that would go well?

asked by dieubert about 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Love pumpkin with parmesan, but also a good ricotta would be nice.

A4193e84 5c13 421d aeb9 f589dd2a81c0  ruthyk sm
Omeletta

Ruthy is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Fontina would be good- it melts well, especially when shredded, and wouldn't overwhelm the pumpkin flavor. Goat cheese has always gone fantastically with pumpkin as well, and the texture of the two together would go really well inside a dumpling. Or maybe ricotta? Stop me before i list too many! :)

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Goat cheese is also good with pumpkin

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I'd go with something tangy -- parmesan, pecorino, or goat. A mixture of mascarpone a little blue cheese could also be good, though obviously rich. Sure it will be delicious whatever you choose!

6f611b78 35b4 4186 89ad c38b035b32f3  08270410avatar messbrasil

If ther's a Brazilian store near you,ask for "Requeijão Cremoso" or mention the brand CATUPIRY.For lack of a better description,I could tell you it's like a firmer cream cheese...but not really! I promise you're gonna love it.

Thank you for all of your responses. I'm drooling as I'm typing.