🔕 🔔

Substitute goat cheese for cream cheese?

So I goofed and forgot to get cream cheese at the store. Do you think I can I substitute goat cheese for cream cheese in a pumpkin brownie recipe? Any way to doctor it or should I just make plain brownies? Thx!

asked by ukimmeru almost 4 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

How much cream cheese is called for? The fat content of the two is quite different, but if it's only a small amount, it could work. You'll get more tang from the goat cheese, obviously.

Efb8e45b e2cc 45bf b555 5f4811196493  headshot

recipe calls for 3 oz...

Sorry, one more question: does it get mixed fully into the batter, or swirled in?

This recipe calls for batter, layered with filling, then topped with batter, knife swirl for the marble pattern.

If the cream cheese is just swirled in, as opposed to mixed into the batter, I think goat cheese would work fine.

thank you very much.