Substitute goat cheese for cream cheese?

So I goofed and forgot to get cream cheese at the store. Do you think I can I substitute goat cheese for cream cheese in a pumpkin brownie recipe? Any way to doctor it or should I just make plain brownies? Thx!

asked by ukimmeru about 5 years ago

How much cream cheese is called for? The fat content of the two is quite different, but if it's only a small amount, it could work. You'll get more tang from the goat cheese, obviously.

ukimmeru

recipe calls for 3 oz...

Sorry, one more question: does it get mixed fully into the batter, or swirled in?

ukimmeru

This recipe calls for batter, layered with filling, then topped with batter, knife swirl for the marble pattern.

If the cream cheese is just swirled in, as opposed to mixed into the batter, I think goat cheese would work fine.

ukimmeru

thank you very much.