🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)

Ec3c1da0 82a5 4554 9acc 36dfd77f86af  2016 1028 judy bird bobbi lin 11189

I have a question about the recipe "Russ Parsons' Dry-Brined Turkey (a.k.a. The Judy Bird)" from Genius Recipes. I have a recipe that calls for a butter rub, mixed with pancetta and herbs just before roasting; no brining. Is there any issue if I put butter rub under the skin and salt the outside three days in advance?

asked by Leslie Whitten about 5 years ago

That makes sense! Thanks so much for the quick response.

that's the right answer. you can add the butter just before roasting, though. sounds good, inf act. by the way, one year i tried basting half of the turkey with butter and not basting the other half at all and found only a very slight difference in browning. think spf 30 v. spf 35.