🔕 🔔

What are the best Fall/Winter soups that can be made the day before serving to a crowd?

asked by Jenn2323 about 5 years ago

56c45043 3c94 404c b6c1 f9767feb83b8  maya portrait with me

My current favorite is Melissa Clark's, Red Lentil Soup with Lemon. It's perfect for entertaining. I also freeze it in individual containers for lunch.
http://www.nytimes.com...

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

How big is your crowd, and is the soup a started or a main course? Lunch or dinner? Meat or no meat?

D60a4210 94d4 4049 948b 8559bc85ca8f  image

I am hosting a Sunday afternoon 1st Birthday party in December. I will have 25 adults and 12 children.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Have you made this? http://food52.com/recipes...
It's fabulous. It freezes well, too.

Creamy chicken and wild rice.
Or make mini pot pies, use crescent dough over mini pans or pot pie. They only take about 10 minutes in the oven.
But my favorite for kids birthday parties are make your own pizza.
Make dough a day or two before. Roll out and stack with layers of parchment. Remember these are personal pizzas. Freeze.
Have a variety or sauces and toppings, again most can be chopped or cooked in advance. Pesto, red sauce and a creamy garlic are my favorite sauces, a mix if veggies and meats. Then cheese. Have a few basics precook for hungery little guys. Crank the oven to 400 and let everyone go crazy.