A question about a recipe: Salted Pumpkin Caramels

8e14c365 f2fa 4a31 abfe bf38725d6e54  101910f 412

I have a question about the ingredient "teaspoon fleur de sel" on the recipe "Salted Pumpkin Caramels" from cheese1227. What is it and where do I get it?

asked by youdis over 5 years ago

Kenzi Wilbur

Fleur de sel is just a fancy name for flaky sea salt. I use a great brand called Maldon, and you should be able to pick it up at most nicer grocery stores, and places like Williams-Sonoma usually stock it. Or do a quick Google search for online sources.

Sim,Blaustein

Fleur de Sel is a high end sea salt from France. It is flaky and known for its delicate texture and flavor. Most higher-end groceries carry it. I'm sure in a pinch you could substitute regular salt but the texture would be quite different.