🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Sriracha

56127438 5816 4dc3 8a66 390074fdc8ce  2016 1028 fried brussels sprouts with honey and sriracha bobbi lin 11080

I have a question about the ingredient "sriracha (or to taste)" on the recipe "Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Sriracha" from merrill. what is sriracha

asked by Curteslee about 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

It's an Asian hot sauce made from chilis

44f9ea1e 45a8 4ce1 b893 b8192c186dcf  open uri20121010 19560 7ckhkl 0

It's available at most major grocery stores. Look for the bright red sauce with a picture of a rooster and a green cap (see photo). It's extremely delicious and one of the hot sauces I always keep in the cabinet (along with Frank's and Cholula). I actually have my bottle here at work with me to pep up some roasted red pepper soup for lunch.

0a082249 625e 48aa 8bd2 e6bb26efdf5c  chcs201

Sriracha aka "rooster sauce" is a wonderful American success story. The Vietnamese guy who came up with it began by selling it door to door to Asian restaurants in LA's San Gabriel Valley. After that it began turning up on breakfast tables in restaurants catering to So Cal early morning surfers. Now it's like ketchup. It's everywhere.