🔕 🔔

Good ideas for roasted squash?

asked by Erin Rose almost 5 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Here are some ideas to start with:
http://food52.com/recipes...

I have a penchant for butternut squash since I'm a real sweet tooth and when roasted, it tends to take on these wonderful robust caramel notes.
1 ) Salad: Butternut squash, chestnuts, bacon vinaigrette
2) Ice Cream 'wich: ginger cookies with bourbon butternut ice cream
3) roasted vegetable hash: make it spicy and serve it with raita; I used to go to this food truck all the time to that had roasted vegetable wraps (using whatever was local so it was always a surprise) at a farmers market usually simply cooked and served with a vinegar-mustard cabbage slaw.
4) stuffed squash

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I also like butternut squash and if I have some roasted leftover I save it and add it to grilled cheese sandwiches. This was in the Times this AM. http://www.nytimes.com...