A question about a recipe: Perfect Vegan Pie Crust

I have a question about the recipe "Perfect Vegan Pie Crust" from Gena Hamshaw. I've made and frozen this crust for use next week with the vegan pumpkin pie. How far ahead can I thaw and roll out the crust? I'm going to bake the pie on Thursday morning, but due to other commitments, need to be able to drop the filling (which I'll also pre-mix) right into the pie crust, i.e., not roll it out on Thursday morning. Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

24ec9b8b 23ee 4dc5 a502 a73916922082  food52 10 31 12 5604
Recipe question for: Perfect Vegan Pie Crust

Monita November 14, 2012

The day before you can roll out the dough and fit it into you pie pan and then re-freeze.

AntoniaJames November 14, 2012

Okay, that will work well. How far in advance, before baking it the next morning, should I remove the crust from the freezer? Thanks! ;o)

Monita November 14, 2012

30 minutes should be enough

AntoniaJames November 23, 2012

I did what you suggested and it worked great, though I don't recommend using a glazed earthenware pie plate for this recipe. The bottom crust of the pumpkin pie was sadly undercooked, even after 50+ minutes (a rookie error on my part.) The pecan pie in the Pyrex plate, however, was absolutely perfect -- one of the best I've ever made, and I've been making my Southern husband pecan pies regularly for over 30 years. ;o)