Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Lobster Tails

I am making lobster tails and my question is should I cook them in the shell or take them out of the shell?

asked by Scottielew about 4 years ago
401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

To do something kind of slick you can cook them partially in simmering water for about 8 minutes, remove the meat from the shells (hold onto the shells) finish cooking in butter and preferred seasoning and return the meat to the shell for presentation. Reduce whatever pan sauce is left and spoon over.

Fd456eb4 ff55 47da b7f4 eb3f737f85f3  img 1995

Lobster tails often are split lenghtwise , pried open, and filled with stuffing, then run under the broiler. Usually you make a cracker/bread crumb stuffing with something like crab/shrimp/scallops, you might add diced tomato, green onion, garlic, and finish with a bit of a monterey jack cheese under the broiler. Some people use mayonaise in the stuffing like a crab cake. Use dill, thyme. If a recipe calls for old bay seasoning, this would be nice for thanksgiving as it has sage in it, but not everyone likes it.

Thank you all for your answers! Awesome!