Suggestions for a shrimp and pasta dish - red or tomato-based sauce preferred!

Hi all, I wanted to make a simple pasta with lobster, tomatoes and a bit of cream. The lobster were a bit too much for me so I went with shrimp instead. I would like to know if anyone has suggestions for me - should I just prepare as I was going to with the lobster. Also, has anyone ever cooked pasta in diluted fish stock? Thoughts?

asked by littlesister almost 7 years ago

Shrimp is a great substitute. Here's a recipe that Merrill posted on the site this summer -- it's for lobster but you could use shrimp: http://www.food52.com/recipes... -- also you can definitely use diluted fish stock to cook the pasta, but I'd recommend using the shrimp shells for the pasta water. Bring the salted water to a boil. Add the shrimp shells and boil for about 5 minutes. Scoop out the shells, and then boil your pasta.