I do I make my own dried tomatoes?

asked by Tuscany55 over 5 years ago

Here's a good link for a "how to"
http://www.tomatodirt.com...

bigpan

I mostly use romas, but any tomato will do . Cut into quarters, deseed, toss in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and Italian seasoning. Put into a 225F oven skin side down. Check every few hours - it will take 6-8 hours ... but worth it.

I make oven dried tomatoes, and we love them. They still have a moist taste but are dense and the flavors are intensified. They have to be kept refrigerated under olive oil so they don't spoil, or frozen for longer storage. If you want something like a sundried tomato that keeps long term at room temperature, you'd probably need to use a dehydrator or live where the sun is strong.