🔕 🔔

I am cooking for 18 on Thanksgiving. Getting nervous about trying to cook everything on the actual day. I would like to cook about 15 lbs of mashed potatoes either the day before (if you say there's a way!) or the morning of Thanksgiving. How do I keep them from drying out...and how do I reheat them? I am actually thinking of using disposable lasanga pans in order to fit a lot in the oven. P.S. I don't need a recipe for the mashed potatoes...my husband's come out absolutely delicious!!!! Thanks for your expertise!!

asked by j42482 about 6 years ago
397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Don't worry -- they'll work out well. The day before, make them as usual and fridge them. On Thanksgiving Day, let them come to room temperature. Warm them over low heat, stirring often, and add some more butter, milk, or cream. If you can do this over a water bath, great. If not, just stir a lot. Good luck!

You can reheat in the oven at 350F. Stir occasionally. No scorching