Tang Zhong bread recipe experiences, anyone?

I have been reading about a technique that adds thin watery/milky cooked roux to regular bread dough recipes that extends shelf life and adds much moisture to our baking. Has anyone in the Food 52 family of bread bakers tried adding a Tang Zhong to a recipe , and if so, to what success? Some tang zhong rouxs calle for half water and half milk , some all water . Any benefit to one over the other ?

asked by CHeeb about 6 years ago

Brette Warshaw

I've had no personal experiences, but here's a helpful blog post: http://bakerstreet.tv/2012/07/bread-101-brioche-tang-zhong-method-??/

CHeeb

The Cardamom Orange rolls are my experimental recipe this year for Thanksgiving. Thank you,Brette .