🔕 🔔

Tang Zhong bread recipe experiences, anyone?

I have been reading about a technique that adds thin watery/milky cooked roux to regular bread dough recipes that extends shelf life and adds much moisture to our baking. Has anyone in the Food 52 family of bread bakers tried adding a Tang Zhong to a recipe , and if so, to what success? Some tang zhong rouxs calle for half water and half milk , some all water . Any benefit to one over the other ?

asked by CHeeb about 5 years ago

11a5dc99 9cd2 4f28 916e 5bee541e8aa7  400584 2795982053875 1473082837 n 1

I've had no personal experiences, but here's a helpful blog post: http://bakerstreet.tv/2012...

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

The Cardamom Orange rolls are my experimental recipe this year for Thanksgiving. Thank you,Brette .