spiced maple pecan pie with star anise

Why did my filling not get hard? It is still very runny? What did I do wrong? I am doing it now, hope you can help me please?

asked by marsii almost 6 years ago

marsii

Question

It may have needed to bake longer. Even though you set your oven to the temp required, the oven may not have been at that temp - It may also set up as it cools so don;t despair yet. I wouldn't put it back into the oven unless it's been out less than 10 minutes. If so, then you could try baking it a bit longer

marsii

What I meant is that when I was reducing the syrup and sugar, it did not thicken, it is still runny, but it did reduce down to 1 cup, will it still work?

It wouldn't have gotten hard just thicker. If you reduced it and now you have 1 cup; then it should be ok