🔕 🔔

spiced maple pecan pie with star anise

Why did my filling not get hard? It is still very runny? What did I do wrong? I am doing it now, hope you can help me please?

asked by marsii almost 5 years ago

Question

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

It may have needed to bake longer. Even though you set your oven to the temp required, the oven may not have been at that temp - It may also set up as it cools so don;t despair yet. I wouldn't put it back into the oven unless it's been out less than 10 minutes. If so, then you could try baking it a bit longer

What I meant is that when I was reducing the syrup and sugar, it did not thicken, it is still runny, but it did reduce down to 1 cup, will it still work?

It wouldn't have gotten hard just thicker. If you reduced it and now you have 1 cup; then it should be ok