🔕 🔔

Hi, I am making stuffing on Thanksgiving, and I just bought the bread. Do I or should I, let it sit out and get a little stale? Should I cube it first and then let it get a little stale? How stale is too stale? Thanks so much!!!!

asked by nycitygal0530 almost 7 years ago

67bf087f e880 479d add5 0f9f3743c495  open uri20140906 32307 1jlfk11

I like to cube the bread and toast it for a bit in the oven. If you get it nice and dried out then it can absorb all the delicious flavors of the stuffing. You don't have to get the bread crouton like, just dry it out a bit.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes, cube it and spread it on a baking sheet and let it sit for at least a day. And don't worry, even if you let it sit out until Thanksgiving day, it wouldn't be too stale. For future stuffing making, you can also cheat this by letting the bread cubes toast in a 200-degree oven until they're firm and dry.