🔕 🔔

Slicers?

One of my splurges for the coming year will be a serious deli style slicer; hopefully something just smaller than a Fiat Cinquecento. Any recs? I do have access to restaurant suppy. I want to be able to crank out paper thin prosciutto but also house made pastrami. No plastic parts, just pure machine...

asked about 5 years ago

2c8043e3 d82a 4710 b88e aca9cbe66271  justsomecook

Global and Hobart are two bomb proof manufacturers. Unfortunately smaller slicers don't do as good of a job as larger ones.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

I've been curious as to which one you ended up with.

I finally went with the Chef's Choice Professional 662. I looked at some cool European models with substantial price reductions but I was a bit worried about warranties and repairs. I came in under $500 and it is a big hunk of machine.