🔕 🔔

Is Turkey left out six hours okay to eat!!!

I took a turkey breast out of the oven at nine last night and was going to put it away but my daughter said she wanted to make a sandwich and would put it away(I should have known better!) I woke up at 2 0r 3 and it was still out.....

asked by Reen almost 5 years ago

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

As painful as it will be to throw it away, that pang is minor compared to what you'll feel if someone gets sick. Sigh. I'm sorry; that's really tough. But as Merrill and others have indicated, there really isn't a choice. Pat yourself on the back for asking the question as hard as the answer may be.

I have a California state food handler's certificate and that specific question is on the exam. Once you've finished carving and serving it should be refrigerated immediately.