🔕 🔔

Can I stuff the Judy bird?

I dry brined an 18lb turkey and was going to put it in the oven at 12 or 1 we plan to eat around 6. The turkey is at room temperature. Anything special I should know about cooking time/prep for the stuffed bird?

asked by Lisa Rothkrug 12 months ago

7c06bfa6 dcc3 4ae2 b256 5c89e09648ca  2017 0309 samantha james ransom 242 1
Samantha Weiss Hills

Samantha is a freelance writer and editor.

Hi Lisa! Are you asking about stuffing in general or something specific? I'd recommend following the cooktime. However, we don't really stuff birds -- you have better control of the dish if it's made separately. You could make the stuffing separately and add the Judy Bird's drippings over the finished stuffing? If you are really wanting to stuff the bird, there are some thoughts in the comments section of the recipe, here! https://food52.com/recipes....