🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Rigatoni with Sausage, Peas and Fresh Ricotta

1b0859ae 36da 4185 ad64 5f96a66230db  032211f 372

I have a question about the recipe "Rigatoni with Sausage, Peas and Fresh Ricotta" from Aliwaks. Step 6 says to use 2/3 of the sauce to saute with sausage, then pasta and peas. What are we supposed to do with the remaining 1/3 of the sauce? Does it get spooned over the servings?

asked by ElisaD almost 5 years ago

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

It's Italian food so it isn't fussy. I would add all the sauce and call it a day. That's just me. I get crazy like that. Seriously, if you don't want extra sauce lying around you could reduce it more so it thickens and then omit the 1/2 cup pasta water which is meant to add starch to the sauce which thickens it as well. At least that is what I would do.